Integrated Life, Wellness & Health Coaching Services for Individuals and Groups
Focus Areas can include: Work-Life Integration, Life-Stage Change (relaunch, retirement), Personal Transformation, Stress Management, Weight Management, Chronic Health Challenges, Injury Recovery, Autoimmune, Cancer, Diabetes, Heart Health. You set the agenda, I help you achieve the goals!
- Visioning Session: A quick fix when you don't want coaching but need a roadmap for making the changes that you want and need to make in your life. A powerful two hour journey in which we'll co-create your personal wellness map and a three focus-area plan for achieving your health and wellness goals. You're smart, hard-working, organized and take care of everyone else, so why are struggling when it comes to nurturing yourself? We'll explore, assess and strategize about the issues, opportunities and challenges that face you today in search of the easiest and most successful ways to achieve sustainable lifestyle change. Whether you've been diagnosed with pre-something (i.e. pre-diabetes) or with an already scary something (cancer, heart disease), and particularly if you struggle with autoimmune and related challenges, a visioning session can help you visualize a pathway to a healthier, happier life. We can't control what life gives us, but we can do something about how we respond!
- Ideally an in-person meeting, we can work virtually if need dictates! At the end of a Visioning Session, you'll have a Wellness Wheel of Life chart, a personal Wellness Vision, a multi-focus action plan and strategies for tracking, catalyzing and celebrating success!
- Self Transformation Package: Self Transformation is a 4-month wellness, health and lifestyle change program designed around your needs and schedule to help you identify, prioritize and conquer the mountains that life has placed in your path. I can't climb the mountain for you -- Coaching isn't treatment and you don't need to be "fixed" -- but I can be your sherpa, helping you pick the "gear" and ascent route that are best suited to your personal reality. Home, family, friends, romance, work, health, spirituality, religion, community, the environment - it's all part of our wellness. Mapping where you are, making concrete, feasible plans to change and setting you up to implement the plan and maintain the change are the goals of CYL. We'll start with a 90 minute Foundation Session similar to the Visioning Session described above. That's followed by 10 coaching sessions (60 minutes), 10 check-in calls (20-30 minutes) and a mid-program Visioning session. We'll get those on the calendar at a frequency that meets your transformation needs, at times that work for your schedule. Together, we'll develop strategies and techniques for increasing happiness, enhancing self-care and self-efficacy so that you can get the most out of every aspect of your life. Wellness isn't as much about reaching a destination as it is about defining a process that adds health, happiness, meaning and value to our lives.
- Ideally our Foundation Session will be an in-person meeting, although virtual Foundation Sessions can be arranged if need dictates. Coaching and check-in sessions are typically conducted by telephone to maximize scheduling flexibility.
- Individual Coaching Sessions: Need to talk with someone unbiased and pro-YOU to strategize about a specific health and wellness issue or to revise your strategy to meet an upcoming challenge (surgery, chemotherapy, drug treatments, empty nest, retirement, relocation, professional re-invention)? You are free to schedule one or more individual sessions to address the agenda of your choice. This is a great way to stay on track over the long-term without taking on a regular commitment. Please be aware that if we haven't worked together in Visioning or Life-Change, a single coaching session may not provide optimal support.
- Open Your Wellness Chakra Small Group Workshop: Our lives have many facets and over time, we find routines that work and set aspects of our lives on autopilot. Enhancing our well-being and life experience means reconnecting with our inner values and personal priorities, which may have changed over time without our even realizing it. Open Your Wellness Chakra uses Wellness Mapping 360 tools, mindfulness skills and quantum mechanics to develop an understanding of what's working in your life -- and how and where a few small changes could lead to greater health and well-being. This is a fully interactive workshop designed to give you immediate insights into your life along with a few simple tools you can use for further self-discovery or regular tune-ups. Small group sessions enable friends, families, co-workers and affinity groups to explore together the balance of health and wellness in their lives together with options and strategies for tackling the things that make us unhappy. Good peer health norms encourage us to behave well too! Wellness Wheel of Life small group sessions bring out the best in all of us.
- In-person and usually on-site (at your home or office, or at a WeWork office), groups of 3 - 10 people, 90 minutes to 3 hours, depending on group size and session format.
- Less Stress Workshops: “Less Stress” workshops are 60 minute sessions, usually held at lunchtime, that give a quick and practival introduction to a range of self-help techniques that can improve wellbeing and performance. We'll talk and briefly explore meditation through movement (tai chi, qi gong, yoga), mindfulness techniques (meditation, affirmations), natural alternatives (essential oils, homeopathy) and complementary practices (acupuncture, massage, reiki). Brimming with inspiration, we'll spend our last 20 minutes doing a Qi Gong healing practice that will demonstrate the powerful effects of energy work and leave you refreshed and relaxed. No special clothing or equipment needed! Just wear something comfortable that allows you to move and stretch without restraint. If you can touch your toes without splitting your pants, you’re good to go! Qigong, meditation, affirmations and essential oils place a suite of holistic wellness options at your fingertips. As little as 10 minutes a day can improve your mood, reduce pain and stress and revitalize your life.
- In-person and usually on-site (at your home or office, or at HeraHub in Chevy Chase), groups of 5 - 20 people, 60 minutes. Well Works offers workshops at little or no cost to qualified non-profit and social service organizations. If your organization is stressed to the max, please give us a call, we'd like to help!
- Personal Sessions in Meditation, QiGong and Reiki: At your convenience, I can help you develop self-care skills in meditation, qigong and/or reiki. I can also help you find formal learning programs if you want to work toward a certification or try different "flavors" of these activities. You don't need to know a lot - just enough to find a self-help approach that you find meaningful and sustainable. Distance Reiki is a great option when you need energetic and healing support beyond your inner resources. Meditation and Qigong sessions can also be organized in small groups (something new for the book club to try!) so that you can bliss out with friends and co-workers, carrying "lessons learned" into your life after coaching.